Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a global leader in products and services that provide real-time visibility into organizations’ assets, people and transactions, today released survey results finding that nearly all (97 percent) surveyed healthcare organizations agree that the Internet of Things (IoT) will be the most strategic technological initiative their organization will undertake this decade. Zebra will discuss the significance of the survey findings this week at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2015 conference in Chicago at Booth #2619 in the South Hall at McCormick Place in Chicago.
IoT SURVEY KEY FINDINGS
- The survey, conducted in October 2014 by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Zebra Technologies, showed that 90 percent of healthcare IT departments are prepared to make the necessary changes to implement IoT solutions.
- 52 percent of all respondents already have some form of IoT solution in place or are in the process of implementing an IoT solution, while another 30 percent have plans to do so within the next year.
- Most respondents expect IoT solutions to provide real-time operational data – creating a safer work environment with greater regulatory compliance, improved operations and an enhanced patient experience.
- More than 70 percent of respondents cited Wi-Fi as the most important technology for enabling IoT solutions. Real-time locating systems (RTLS), security sensors and barcodes were also noted for their importance.
- Healthcare decision makers listed security solutions, cloud services and data analytics as the most important IoT solutions for their industry.
HIMSS KEY FACTS
- Zebra will be a Foundation Sponsor within the Intelligent Health Pavilion and will demonstrate patient care, supply chain management and staff communications solutions.
- On Tuesday, April 14, at 1:30 p.m., Laurie Eldridge-Shanaman, director, global healthcare practice at Zebra Technologies will present Zebra’s healthcare solutions in Booth #6656 of the Intelligent Health Pavilion.
- On Wednesday, April 15, at 1 p.m., Eldridge-Shanaman will participate in the Intelligent Hospital Association’s panel discussion on technology trends in the healthcare industry in Booth #6656 of the Intelligent Health Pavilion.
Laurie Eldridge-Shanaman, director, Global Healthcare Practice at Zebra Technologies
“The Internet of Things offers unparalleled opportunities for the healthcare industry. From enabling physicians to accurately track a patient’s health over time to better managing patient data across the healthcare continuum, IoT can advance the industry by providing visibility and process optimization to enhance the patient experience. At HIMSS 2015, Zebra will demonstrate how IoT solutions, as just one part of enterprise asset intelligence, deliver vital information necessary to make better decisions at the bedside and improve outcomes.”